During the EU Conference on “Innovation for Digital Inclusion”, in Gdańsk, Poland on 5-7 October 2011, which was devoted to the innovative usage of solutions based on information and communication technologies (ICT) and its importance in the process of e-Inclusion in Europe, following themes were addressed:
- new developments of ICT in public inclusive services
- models of e-inclusion of digitally excluded Europeans, introducing them to wider social and cultural life, and increasing career opportunities on today’s digitally driven market
- effective models of independent living and security of the elderly, based on innovative and economically feasible e-care and e-health solutions
- overview of the most innovative national and regional e-inclusion programmes, and initiatives, as tools for the implementation of the Digital Agenda for Europe
- importance of the e-Inclusion policy to the delivery of the Digital Agenda for Europe.
The conference ended up with the adoption of a document stressing the priority actions that should be taken by the EU in the immediate future to improve digital literacy and inclusion of all EU citizens – “Gdansk Roadmap for Digital Inclusion”.
To read more and view the presentations, visit the conference website.