Inca Island is a desktop game. The game is a first person role-playing multiplayer adventure game. The player works with an artificially intelligent non-player-character (NPC), to solve puzzles leading to an ultimate goal. Each puzzle is in a separate room, where solving the puzzle will allow the players to progress together to the next room.
The puzzles are broken down into groups to address different social competences identified in the research period.
The following six competencies were identified, and three rooms have been produced to target each:
- Communication – How I express myself at work
- Cooperation – How I can interact/cooperate with others
- Conflict Resolution – How I solve conflicts with colleagues
- Self Esteem – How I should feel good about myself
- Self-Control – How I should control my feelings
- Assertiveness – How I maintain my own opinion
You can download the latest version freely from the SGSCC servers. An English, Dutch, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Turkish, Serbian and German version is available.
The SGSCC (Serious Games for Social & Creativity Competencies – 531134-LLP-1-2012-1-BG-KA3-KA3MP) project has been partially funded under the Lifelong Learning program.